Looking to get your start in travel writing? Or gain exposure for your blog? We offer free guest posts to independent, non-commercial writers, bloggers, and photographers.
We do not pay contributors (yet!), but I will happily link to your blog and social media networks in your post and promote your stories on our social networks.
I do not allow any external links in the post beyond a link to your personal, non-commercial blog. If you are working on behalf of a commercial entity or SEO client we offer paid sponsorships and advertising packages — please email me for a quote.
While I will consider any story idea that you are passionate about, I’m especially interested in covering the following topics:
- West Coast weekend getaways: Destinations that can be visited on a long weekend from the Western U.S. or Canada.
- Food & culinary travel: Stories about local food, beer, wine, spirits, markets, farms, or agriculture.
- Unique travel stories or experiences
- Cultural travel, responsible travel, or ecotourism
- Photo essays
Length & Details:
- Article Length: Submissions must be at least 500 words of original content. The article may include one link to content on your own personal blog. No other external links are allowed and will be removed before publishing.
- Photos, Sizing & Sourcing: Ever In Transit is a photo-driven site so quality photography is essential. Please include at least 3 high-quality photographs for standard blog posts or at least 10 for photo essays. Photos must be at least 1,000 pixels wide on their longest size. Photos need to either be your own work or photos that you have the legal right to use, including photos sourced under Creative Commons licenses. If you use Creative Commons photos, please include direct links to the photo source page so that I can confirm the legal right to use and attribute the images properly.
- Photo Editing: If you send me unedited photos, I will make basic adjustments to the photos (exposure, sharpening, straightening, crop). If I edit your photos, I will send them to you prior to publication for your review and approval.
- Author Bio: Please include a brief author bio (~75 words) including information about you, your blog, and up to 3 social media accounts. The link to your blog will be marked as “do follow” for Google SEO benefit. Please include a profile photo that is at least 150 pixels wide on the shortest side.
- Title: Please provide a suggested title for the piece.
- Original Content: All submissions must be original content and may not be published anywhere else for at least 30 days after publication on Ever In Transit.
We reserve the right to edit the text and title of the article. We also may decline to publish submitted work even after the pitch has been accepted.
By submitting your work, you authorize me to use the photographs to create platform-optimized social media sharing graphics (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.) to promote the post. The photos will only be used to promote and link to your guest post.
How to Submit a Story Idea:
If you are interested in this and have a story idea, please send me an email via our contact form or email (cassie [at] everintransit.com) and we’ll talk!
I look forward to reading your stories!